Let’s face it: Most startups don’t have a budget that allows them to hire an expensive accounting firm or social media expert. Luckily, there are plenty of free online tools to help entrepreneurs advance their startup while keeping money in their pocket.
Here’s a look at 50 free tools to accelerate your startup:
- Unsplash – Beautiful high quality free images and photos you can download and use for any project. No attribution required.
- Pexels – Free stock photos you can use everywhere. Free for commercial use and no attribution required.
- MorgueFile – Over 380000 high quality, high resolution photos. Free for commercial use. No attribution required.
- Google Fonts – Making the web more beautiful, fast, and open through free and open source typography.
- Dafont – Archive of freely downloadable fonts. Browse by alphabetical listing, by style, by author or by popularity.
- Noun Project – A platform that aggregates symbols and web icons from graphic designers around the world.
- GIMP – GIMP is a free and open-source raster graphics editor used for image retouching and editing, free-form drawing, converting between different image formats, and more specialized tasks.
- Prezi – Prezi is a presentation tool that can be used as an alternative to traditional slide making programs such as PowerPoint. Instead of slides, Prezi makes use of one large canvas that allows you to pan and zoom to various parts of the canvas and emphasize the ideas presented there.
- Canva – Create beautiful designs with your team. Use Canva’s drag-and-drop feature and layouts to design, share and print business cards, logos, presentations and more.
- Infogram – Infogram is an easy to use infographic and chart maker. Create and share beautiful infographics, online reports and interactive maps.
- ReallyGoodEmails – Check out some of the best email designs to get inspiration for your own email campaigns.
- Mint – Manage your money, pay your bills and track your credit score with Mint.
- Square – Square helps millions of sellers run their business- from secure credit card processing to point of sale solutions.
- Sighted – Sighted provides free online invoicing software with professional features such as time and expense tracking, sending quotes, inventory management and online payment processing.
- Paypal – PayPal is a fast and safe way to send money, make an online payment, receive money or set up a merchant account.
- Expensify – Expense reports that don’t suck! From receipt scanning to reimbursement, Expensify automates every step of the expense reporting process.
Marketing + Social Media Tools
- Buffer – Buffer is an intuitive social media management platform trusted by brands, businesses, agencies, and individuals to help drive social media results.
- Hootsuite – Enhance your social media management with Hootsuite, the leading social media dashboard. Manage multiple networks and profiles and measure your campaign results.
- BuzzSumo – Data-driven Content Marketing: Discover what resonates with your audience using BuzzSumo to research, amplify, and monitor your content.
- Klout – Klout is a website and mobile app that uses social media analytics to rate its users according to online social influence via the “Klout Score”, which is a numerical value between 1 and 100.
- Mailchimp – MailChimp provides marketing automation for e-commerce businesses. Send beautiful emails, connect your e-commerce store, advertise, and build your brand.
- Google My Business – Get your free business listing on Google My Business to start building visibility in Google Maps and Google Search in your local community.
- Pablo – Meet Pablo, the easiest way to create engaging social media images.
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator – Use it to come up with an array of titles for your next blog post or presentation. Some are funny. Some are shocking. All useful.
File Management Tools
- Google Drive – Get access to files anywhere through secure cloud storage and file backup for your photos, videos, files and more with Google Drive.
- Dropbox – Dropbox is a creative collaboration space designed to reduce busywork, bring your files together in one central place, and safely sync them across all your devices—so you can access them anytime, anywhere.
- WeTransfer – WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world. Share large files up to 2GB for free.
- Box – Box is a cloud content management and file sharing service for businesses.
- OneDrive – Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.
Productivity + Organization Tools
- Evernote – Organize your work and declutter your life. With Evernote on your desktop and mobile devices, your notes are always with you and always in sync.
- G Suite – G Suite is a package of cloud-based services that can provide your company or school with a whole new way to work together online—not just using email and chat, but over video conferences, social media, real-time document collaborations, and more.
- Trello – Trello is the easy, free, flexible, and visual way to manage your projects and organize anything, trusted by millions of people from all over the world.
- Heflo – Model, publish, improve and automate your business processes on this business process management software.
- MyHours – My Hours is a Time Tracking service you will actually keep using. Organize yourself and your team. Bill your clients, build a business.
- Upwork – Find freelancers and freelance jobs on Upwork – the world’s largest online workplace where savvy businesses and professional freelancers go to work!
- Linkedin Talent Solutions – Discover all the recruiting and employer branding tools LinkedIn has to offer with our recruiting solutions.
- Fiverr – Fiverr is the world’s largest freelance services marketplace for lean entrepreneurs to focus on growth & create a successful business at affordable costs.
- 99designs – The #1 marketplace for graphic design, including logo design, web design and other design contests.
- Zirtual – Virtual assistant services for entrepreneurs, professionals, and small teams.
- Gigster – Gigster is the fastest and easiest way to build custom software solutions. New technology expertise delivered on demand.
- Behance – Showcase and discover the latest work from top online portfolios by creative professionals across industries.
- Freelancer – Hire freelance programmers, web developers, designers, writers, data entry & more at a fraction of the cost.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is a web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic.
- Twitter Analytics – Measure engagement and learn how to make your Tweets more successful.
- Sumo – Sumo is a suite of free tools that can be used to grow your website’s traffic. The Sumo tools are easy to install and work on any website.
- Google Trends – See the latest trends, data and visualizations from Google. Find out what’s trending near you right now.
- Clarity – Clarity is your lifeline that instantly connects you with battle-tested advice from entrepreneurs. Find and schedule a call in minutes.
- Slack – Slack is where work flows. It’s where the people you need, the information you share, and the tools you use come together to get things done.
- Google Hangouts – Hangouts bring conversations to life with photos, emoji, and even group video calls for free. Connect with people across computers, Android, and Apple devices.
- SCORE – SCORE is the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, with more than 10,000 volunteers in 300 chapters.