Justin R. Cruz, Esq.
Justin focuses on helping client’s intellectual property needs from the early stages of developing a strategy to obtain protection for clients, determining the appropriate avenues needed to protect clients’ IP assets, and advising clients with strategies in asserting their rights.
Prior to Rocky Mountain Patent, Justin worked for one of the largest boutique intellectual property firms based in the Rocky Mountain region. There, Justin focused on resolving disputes arising from intellectual property rights, including utility patents, design patents, trade dress, and copyrights. Justin’s experience ranged from enforcement of clients’ patent rights through litigation, defending against allegations of design patent and trade dress infringement, and challenging the validity of patents through Post-Grant Proceedings before the United States Patent Office. As a registered patent attorney, Justin also assisted clients with the process of obtaining patents, working with clients in the agricultural industry, oil and gas industry, and software.
Justin uses his experience and understanding of the process of obtaining intellectual property rights and how those rights are enforced to assist clients develop strategies to achieve their business goals.
Justin is admitted to practice in the State of Colorado, before the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Admitted to Practice in Colorado
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Bachelor of Arts, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, and Psychology (Double-Major) University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- Juris Doctor, DePaul University (Center for Intellectual Property Law and Technology), Chicago, IL